Ice Cream (Shaved Ice) Packaging
Introduction to Summary
Ice Cream (Shaved Ice) Packaging Success Story
1. Application Point
- Condensation does not occur with molded pulp ice cream cups as with synthetic resin containers. The eco-friendly ice cream cups do not cause any discomfort due to condensation until you finish eating the ice cream.
- The design and use of all-natural materials in the packaging emphasizes the freshness and variety of toppings.
2. Application Success Stories
- A. Ice Cream/Shaved Ice Specialty Store Success Story
- With the mission to create desserts for both nature and people, this ice crema/shaved ice specialty store makes healthy desserts that harness the taste of nature using ecotech's eco-friendly natural pulp packaging to solidify its brand image.
- "Made from nature and buried in nature - all food, flowers, and pulp packaging are made from natural ingredients of the ground. Although our time with customers are short, we want them to know a new environmental food culture made from the cycle of nature."
- B. Dessert Café Franchise
- This dessert café franchise was founded with the desire to upgrade and share with people of all ages across the world traditional Korean desserts. Red bean shaved ice, injeolmi (Korean traditional rice cake) shaved ice, and more are packaged in ecostech's eco-friendly natural pulp packaging, which help express traditional color's (white) innocence and beauty.
"To share with the world the taste and style, not only desserts, of Korea"
- C. Coffee Specialty Franchise
- The coffee specialty franchise offers fresh cups of coffee, a variety of desserts, a colorful culture, and a relaxing time with good people.
- Ecostech's eco-friendly natural pulp packaging resists condensation even when it contains ice cream/shaved ice, for maximum comfort. Furthermore, it slows the melting of the ice cream/shaved ice for a long time with its cold insulation properties.
3. Test Data
Shaved Ice Pulp Container Cold Insulation Test
- A. Purpose
- To compare the cold insulation properties of conventional PP and PET shaved ice containers with new eco-friendly natural pulp containers
- B. Main Observation Points
- Comparison of conventional PP products and their cold insulation capacity
- Melting rate of shaved ice with respect to time
- C. Experiment Methods
- Samples: PP container + PET (currently used), pulp container + PET, pulp container + pulp cover
- Sample conditions: 3 of each sample prepared (container), same amounts of shaved ice (injeolmi shaved ice) stored
- Measurement: Temperature measurement and shape change observation in 30-minute intervals for each sample (measurement instrument used, photos taken)
- D. Sample Preparation
- Sample 1: Currently used PP container + PET
- Sample 2: Pulp container + PET
- Sample 3: Pulp container + pulp cover
- E. Sample Measurement
- Sample Measurement: Results after 30 minutes
|External packaging temperature||At the time of measurement, pulp containers show the same results / No change in shape of the shaved ice|
|Shape of shaved ice|
- Sample Measurement: Results after 60 minutes
|External packaging temperature||External packaging temperatures increased for all samples / Shape of the shaved ice is the same as the beginning|
|Shape of shaved ice|
- Sample Measurement: Results after 90 minutes
|External packaging temperature||외부온도는 시료 모두 유사한 증가폭을 보임 / 빙수 녹는 흔적은 60분 경과시보다 소폭 증가|
|Shape of shaved ice|
- F. Test Results
(pulp packaging+Pulp cover)
|Results after 30 minutes||Measured temperature
|Results after 60 minutes||Measured temperature||-1.6℃||0.1℃||-0.1℃|
|Rate of change||2.5℃ increase||2.7℃ increase||2.5℃ increase|
|Results after 90 minutes||Measured temperature||-1.1℃||0.6℃||0.5℃|
|Rate of change||3℃ increase||3.2℃ increase||3.1℃ increase|
- The external packaging temperature of the PP product was low due to its high thermal conductivity
- Upon visual inspection of the PP product, condensation was observed on the external packaging and glass table
- The melting with respect to time of the PP product was compared by taking into consideration the center of the shaved ice and the penetration of the glass rod.
- The reliability and accuracy of the cold insulation capacity comparison test increases with the closure of the cover and airtightness. Even still, the rate of degree of melting was observed as follows: Sample 3 < Sample 2 < Sample 1